- This event has passed.
Self-Compassion Training with Dance Therapy (Rotterdam)
January 8 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Do you beat yourself up over a mistake? Feeling judged, and it seems you’re never good enough? You feel close to getting a burnout, and want to prevent it? It’s never too late, and you’re not alone. One in five people experiences mental challenges from all this pressure. If not in check, it can lead to more stress and anxiety and eventually… a burnout.
There is one way to live with more ease, by practicing self-compassion.
Self-compassion is about striking a balance between self-acceptance and self-improvement. You are invited to practice exactly these. In a creative, embodied (not just talk) and mindful way, get ready to ask yourself the questions:
- How am I right now? Am I aware of my actions, thoughts, and emotions?
- In challenging times, how do I use my body to keep my emotions in balance?
- How do I involve my body to give myself the caring I need?
- In which posture do I want to show up in life?
- How do I connect with myself and others non-verbally?
- How do I move with more ease and flow in my daily life?
Where: Time Window, Teilingerstraat 120, 3032 AW Rotterdam
For who: individuals seeking sustainable personal & professional development
Introduction (open session): Wednesday, 8 Jan 2020 at 18:30 – 20:30
Cost: € 50,-
The training series: 3x Wednesdays, 15, 22, 29 Feb 2020 at 18:30 – 20:30
€ 180,- (regular)
€ 300,- (pay it forward)
€ 400,- (ex. 21% VAT, company-sponsored)
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE TRAINING SERIES
- Intake by phone, plan yours now on https://calendly.com/ireneanggreeni/15min,
- 2-hour training per session (total 6 hours), covering:
- Applied knowledge from psychology, mindfulness, body-mind-emotion interconnection, and more,
- Experiential exercises to integrate theory with practice,
- Hands-on tools for the daily practices to embody self-compassion,
- Action document as continuing self-practice (∞ hours),
- Evaluation consult (live call).
I have some questions before I decide to sign up.
SIGN ME UP NOW
WHY DANCE THERAPY
We are empowered when we are able to exercise the options available to us. Dance, improvisation, movement, body-awareness are tools with which we can embody our options in the here and now.
We explore how our posture or movement patterns are reflective of our attitude in life. We allow expression and integration of body-mind-emotions through movement.
Learning a new mindset is about integrating new experiences and creating new connections in our ‘plastic’ brain. This is a process facilitated in dance therapy.
No previous experience is required. You are enough.
Read the experience of our participants.
Why do I need self-compassion?
It is the foundation for a healthy relationship with yourself and others. It really is a source of empowerment, wellbeing and long-term success.
Is it the same as self-esteem?
While self-esteem fluctuates based on external factors and social comparisons, self-compassion comes from within. It is your steady ally that sticks through thin and thick, keeping you uplifted when things don’t work out – a normal part of life.
Does being self-compassionate mean I’m lazy to change?
Not at all, studies show that practicing self-acceptance motivates us more to recover from failure and change our weaknesses.