- This event has passed.
Self-Compassion Dance Therapy in Rijswijk
November 16 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Are you best friends with yourself?
Self-care and self-compassion are important. Yet it’s not always easy to be caring, compassionate and loving towards ourselves when we are in pain. When we feel the heavy responsibilities on our shoulders. Or when we believe we fail at something. We might lose ourselves in this process, spiraling down to self-blame, burnout, compassion fatigue or depression.
Self-compassion is your gentle reminder to care for yourself and be your best friend, even when things are tough.
You’re invited to an embodied, artistic, creative inquiry to explore your personal meaning of self-compassion. No previous experience is required. You are enough.
When: Saturday 16 Nov 2019 13:00 – 15:00 (with follow up TBD)
Where: Ezzy Family Wellness, Broekmolenweg 20, Rijswijk
For who: individuals seeking sustainable personal & professional development
Cost: € 50,- (to be paid on the sign up link below)
To bring: You are welcome to bring your own notebook. Paper and colored markers will be provided. No shoes – socks or barefoot.
SIGN UP at Ezzy Family Wellness
WHY DANCE THERAPY
Dance/movement therapy is a creative, experience-based form of therapy that integrates the body-mind-emotions. It taps into your intuitive, non-verbal, bodily knowing.
We are empowered when we are able to exercise the options available to us. Dance, improvisation, movement, body-awareness are tools with which we can embody our options in the here and now. We explore how our posture or movement patterns are reflective of our attitude in life. We allow expression and integration of body-mind-emotions through movement.
Learning a new mindset is about integrating new experiences and creating new connections in our ‘plastic’ brain. This is a process facilitated in dance therapy. No previous experience is required. You are enough.
WHAT WE’LL DO
- Arriving: These days we’re often in a rush. We start with an exercise on arriving – in the here and now, in your body, in the group. We listen to our body and set our intention.
- Warm up + Connecting: We warm up our body and to each other. We introduce ourselves through a creative, non-verbal game. The fun part is how to do it with as few words as possible.
- Experiential exercises: You’ll get explorative exercises, individual, in pairs or small groups. Sensitizing and creating awareness of your personal theme, as well as integrating and learning skills to self-regulate. You’ll have time in between to reflect and ask question/feedback.
- Reflection + Sharing: You’ll have time to take notes, create intuitive drawing, to reflect on your experience. We will close together with an opportunity for sharing.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Hands-on practices to nurture your self-compassion through difficult moments,
- Embodied, creative exercises for self-awareness and self-regulation,
- A process of discovering your root beliefs and gently releasing ones that don’t serve you anymore. Trust the process.