You may think you’re just an ordinary person. Yet, YOU are the hero of your own story. The story of a journey that still keeps being written. And a hero’s journey is no ordinary one. That you seek therapy means that you have received the call. So, will you accept this invitation for a transformative journey?
When you set out on the journey, you will encounter various characters and also your dragon – your weakness, what you fear the most. A good therapist is a reliable fellow, who will walk alongside you, guide and encourage you, but also confront and challenge you. If you decide to take me along in (parts of) your transformative journey, here’s how I would take steps into our therapeutical relationship:
- Definition: At first, we will start with a free and non-binding intake session. We will talk to get to know each other and discuss if and how dance/movement therapy can be useful for you. During the intake we define together a set of therapy goals. Based on these goals, we plan a trajectory including the approximate number, frequency, and duration of sessions.
- Clarification: The first session(s) after the intake are mainly observational, for us to get to know more of each other non-verbally. Your posture, movement patterns and non-verbal cues are of my interest. We also use this phase to clarify your therapy goals as needed.
- Core Work: After this initial phase, we will work diligently on your therapy goals. This is not always a straightforward process, and often times we both just have to trust the process. We address themes that relate to your goals in dance and movement, (creative) reflection, psycho-education, etc.
- Evaluation: Halfway or near the end of the trajectory, we will evaluate the therapy process. More specifically on how the therapy has served you in achieving your goals. I will give you feedback based on what I observe and experience with you in the sessions.
- Closure: We may then decide to give closure to the therapy, or to continue with a redefined set of therapy goals.
If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it’s not your path. Your own path you make with every step you take. That’s why it’s your path.Joseph Campbell
Before embarking on such a journey, you may want to check a couple of things with me. That’s completely fine. Contact me or leave a message below.